Oppidam Houseboats is situated on the banks of the beautiful Vygeboom Dam in Mpumalanga. Known as the place where the sun rises, this unique getaway is situated conveniently close to Badplaas in the grassland and wetlands area. Definitely something you should be considering for your honeymoon, family holiday or team building event.
Houseboat holidays have become increasingly popular in South Africa and around the world. Imagine waking up to a different view every morning and watching the scenery change around you all day while sitting back and simply soaking up the sun.
And what better place to spend your leisurely days adrift than on the breath-taking Vygeboom Dam which is known for its many species of fish, abundant birdlife and varied surrounding landscapes.
What To Bring?
- From May to September be sure to pack warmer items of clothing for the cold in the mornings and evenings. A fleece jacket will do for the sunset cruises. During the day it is usually warm.
- Swimming costumes and towels
- Remember your own bath towels
- The Lowveld sun can be rather unforgiving so don’t forget sun block, hats, sunglasses, etc.
- In summer months mosquitos can be bothersome so be sure to pack some insect repellent
- Camera’s and binoculars
- Fishing gear and bait
- Board games to keep busy in the case of unpleasant weather.